Ecosystems are not behaving normally when there are environmental problems. Furthermore these problems can occur naturally or as a result ofhuman activity. these problems are considered catastrophic if it is predicted that the ecosystem will certainly collapse and serious if it cannot be recovered under the current situation.
There are many environmental issues like pollution, climate change,resource exhaustion, environmental deterioration, Deforestation, global warming, solid waste. These factors are described below.
- Pollution: The deliberate release of contaminants, organic compounds or any other hazardous chemicals into the Earth’s Atmosphere it’s known as pollution. Some of the natural occurrences like forest fires or man made activities like eliminating waste from industries cars etc. are both to be blamed for this environmental pollution. There are few types of pollution like:
- Air pollution – it refers to the release of some harmful contaminants, toxic gases, biological molecules, etc. Into the air or atmosphere and these harmful chemicals causes serious health issues.
- water pollution – water pollution occurs when any type of toxic pollutants all matters are released into water bodies such as rivers, lakes, ponds and seas. These toxic chemicals accumulates in living beings true they are food chain.
- Soil pollution – soil pollution is the degradation of soil or land due to the presence of some harmful chemicals. This soil pollution can affect life directly or indirectly for example, if any toxic chemical is present in the soil then it will be absorbed by the plants, and when they the plant is consumed by animals or humans it gets into what does system of living leading to health hazards.
- Global warming: A gradual rise in the temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere leading to the melting of glaciers is global warming. Global warming has been are the prime cause for the environmental issue and in the increase of the greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, carbon monoxide which are released by burning fuels, vehicle emissions, industries waste, and other human activities.
- The transformation of climatic conditions: There are several factors that leads to climate change. The increase in the concentration of the greenhouse gases and global warming has become one of the most significant factor for the climatic changes.With the natural disasters, human activities are also responsible for this climate change like burning of fossil fuels emissions from vehicles and factories. These factors leading to the climate changes like typhoons, rise in temperature, melting of the glaciers, and average of more precipitation.
- Deforestation: The deforestation has been one of the greatest causes which leads to environmental issues. It has a an enormous impact on the environment. Deforestation he’s the cutting down of trees and destruction of forest, this can happen either by human activity or by any natural causes. But the loss of trees and forests effects the global environment drastically leading to climate change and other problems like flood avalanches landslides etc.
- Overpopulation: the human overpopulation has a great impact on the environment and it has been a concern for the environment for thousands of years. The incapacity 2 adapt the population growth has also been a cause for the environmental damage. The development of technology as we bring forward a new double edged sword. The issues placed by overpopulation has grown wait our standard of living and life expectancy. This overpopulation leads to overconsumption of the natural resources which means the resources are drawn in excess to meet the needs of the population. This will lead to environmental degradation and eventual depletion of the natural resources.
- Water and food insecurity: Today one of the most environmental issue is water and food insecurity which is becoming a growing amount of trade due to rising temperatures and unsustainable farming methods. Over 68 billion tons of the topsoil are lost every year globally with a rate of erosion 100 times bigger than the rate of natural replenishment. Moreover, since the exposed and dead soil likes the root and mycelium system that keeps it together is more vulnerable to erosion by wind or water. Over telling it’s been a major cause of soil erosion as it temporarily boost up the productivity by adding surface nutrients such as fertilizers.
- Urbanization: Urbanization has also been in the list of the factors that causes environmental issue and it is one of the top most factor.Since there are ecological challenges and lack of prospects for a productive employment in the rural areas poor families are migrating to the cities leading to the increasing numbers.
So, as we can see that the main causes of the environmental issues is due to human activities. Then we can take some specific measures to reduce the environmental issues like planting more trees, reducing the use of automobiles, using renewable sources of energy, recycling and reusing the waste products or plastic bottles or materials, proper disposal of solid and harmful wastes. By this we can protect our environment and will also lead to occurrence of less natural hazards and disasters . By this we will not only save the environment but also ourselves as we are alive only by using the sources that is provided by our environment, If we do not protect our Mother Nature then our Mother Nature will also not protect us.